SAN DIEGO – July 26, 2012 – Anametrix, the first cloud-based, real-time digital analytics platform, welcomes new-media marketing and analytics veteran Pelin Wood Thorogood as its CMO. Thorogood will lead the go-to-market strategy for Anametrix in a time of increasing focus on analytics as a revenue driver and fundamental changes to traditional methods of brand, acquisition, and retention marketing.
- Thorogood drives the marketing strategy for Anametrix to help businesses take advantage of the company’s digital analytics platform as their wheelhouse of all data – the one place where marketers can see, analyze, and act on the data they have regardless of format or source.
- She will also help customers fundamentally improve marketing effectiveness by sharing her expertise on how to uncover hidden trends and correlations that can result in reduced customer acquisition costs, deeper loyalty, and increased lifetime value.
- In addition to her new role at Anametrix, Thorogood currently serves on the boards of Online Marketing Institute and Technology Leaders, and she is an Executive-in-Residence for the Johnson Graduate School of Management at Cornell University.
- Thorogood’s nearly 20 year career as a high-tech innovator includes leading the go-to-market strategy as CMO of WebSideStory (acquired by Omniture/Adobe), extending Peregrine Systems’ (acquired by HP) enterprise-software business into web-based applications, and, in the mid ’90s, launching one of the first mobile, B2B applications. Since the WebSideStory acquisition in 2008, Pelin has been involved with several notable cloud-based technology leaders and new-media companies, either as advisor or board member.
- Both in 2011 and 2012 Thorogood was named one of the “20 Women to Watch” by the Sales Lead Management Association and is a regular speaker and author on marketing analytics, social marketing and related topics, most recently at eMetrics, Online Marketing Summit, Sales 2.0 Conference, Cornell Strategic Marketing Conference, Content Marketing Institute, and Cornell Enterprise.
- She earned her B.S. in Operations Research, M.S. in Engineering, and MBA degrees from Cornell University.
Aaron Kahlow, founder and CEO of Online Marketing Institute and founder and chair of Online Marketing Summit.
“Pelin is a visionary marketer with the capacity to execute flawlessly at every level. Anametrix is lucky to have Pelin as its CMO; smart marketers will be keeping a close eye on her and the company as she continues to deliver solutions that can fundamentally transform marketing effectiveness.”
Rand Schulman, co-founder of the Digital Analytics Association, and executive-in-residence of Digital Marketing at University of the Pacific.
“Pelin is a bright star in the digital firmament. I would consider her one of only a handful of true online marketing experts who know how to make the applications she builds for the marketer really deliver value. Her grasp of the very latest in technology and marketing renders her a tremendous asset to build any successful company. I know Anametrix will greatly benefit from Pelin’s deep understanding of the market, technology, and the evolving role of the CMO.”
Blaise Barrelet, co-founder and CEO of Anametrix
“Pelin’s track record of building world-class marketing organizations at every company she’s been involved with speaks for itself. Anametrix is very fortunate to have a CMO who understands the rapidly shifting marketing landscape and the evolving requirements of marketers as they adapt to changing customer behavior and demands. Our customers will benefit tremendously from her digital-analytics expertise and marketing savvy.”
Anametrix transforms marketing with digital analytics. We collect, analyze, and make sense out of data across all channels in real time to enable marketers to discover new truths about customers, prospects, and the market at large. Anametrix delivers 360-degree visibility into business data to uncover new trends and hidden correlations, explore new relationships, and deliver a bigger and more predictable impact on revenue. Founded in 2010 by the trailblazing web analytics team behind WebSideStory, Anametrix has headquarters in San Diego, Calif. For more information, visit www.yourdashboads.com, Twitter, and our blog.