Talk to an Expert
Data from the cloud
Anametrix specializes in automatic data federation from cloud-originated sources. The data can be acquired in four distinct ways, depending on the nature of the data.
- Streaming data: The Anametrix platform provides high-performance Internet-facing data collection gateways that are essentially highly optimized web servers. When possible, this is the preferred data collection mechanism as it eliminates the delay between data creation and reporting availability. Streaming data collection is used by a number of common applications such as web analytics, mobile app tracking, network monitoring, e-commerce and POS transactions.
- 3rd party services: Anametrix integrates with 3rd party services, such as e-mail vendors, ad networks, affiliate networks, research services, CRM and marketing automation systems, through a vendor-specific API. Data is transferred periodically according to a set schedule based on recommendations from the API provider. Anametrix can connect to any API to integrate data from 3rd parties into the Anametrix data stores.
- Batch data transfers: Batch data transfers are used for client-specific data like uploads from internal databases, uploads from Anametrix tools (such as the Excel Client) or uploads from 3rd parties. Batch uploads can happen on-demand or can be set to run on a schedule.
- Listening: Data that can be classified as publicly available from publishing services, such as Twitter, press releases, stock quotes or weather services, is incorporated into the Anametrix federated database through proactive network spidering. In this data collection mode, Anametrix will query and search various data sources and download data as needed.
Data is always made more accessible and actionable when it is placed into a context of reference. For example, you can better understand your relative performance when you compare your corporate data to other similar companies, national sales data or global numbers. The Anametrix reference data, available to all customers, contains over 1,300 tables covering various subjects from automotive to biotech and census data.
Corporate data is integrated into Anametrix through a flexible set of upload methods, each created to meet specific needs and structure of the source data. You can use any (or all) of the following methods to upload your own data based on the most appropriate approach per data source
- Scheduled file integration: This approach works well for files that can be periodically generated, and it is a great alternative to direct database connections.
- Anametrix API: The Anametrix API is designed for customers that would like to integrate programmatically with the cloud data store through the Anametrix Software Development Kit (SDK).
- Database connections: Anametrix has the capability to connect directly to any database and make SQL queries to mirror data into the Anametrix cloud.
- Excel uploads: For occasional or one-time data uploads, the most accessible way to upload data into Anametrix is to use the data upload capability built into the Anametrix Excel plugin.